Well Farm Heights

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Well Farm Heights

The Unofficial Residents Well Farm Heights Forum

2 posters

Football !!

Marc & Nina
    Forum Wasp

Male
    Number of posts : 80
    Job/hobbies : Met Police (BS Borough)
    Registration date : 2008-01-08

Football !! Empty Football !!

Post  Marc & Nina Tue 05 Feb 2008, 1:23 am

A British Soldier, whilst on patrol in Bosnia, happens upon a young lad kicking around a spent shell case with not inconsiderable skill. The two end up chatting and the soldier says, "Would you like to play football in England? A great friend of mine knows Ian Dowey, the man in charge of the Coventry city. He could help you."
    The boy appears very keen and so, when the soldier returns home, he asks his friend. Well, it turns out that Ian is interested and so the young lad is brought over. He starts off in the Junior team, but is so good, he gets steadily promoted until he's on the
    substitute bench for the main team at the FA Cup final. The game reaches half-time and the score is 2-2. "All right", says dowey. "Let's see what you can do". On to the pitch he goes. The lad scores three fantastic goals and the team have a glorious victory.
    Afterwards, the lad goes to a phone to call his Dad. "Dad," he says, "we won the FA Cup final! I scored three goals!!"
    His Dad is non-plussed and replies, "Don't you give me that! Back here, we're going through Hell! Your mother went out for bread this morning and hasn't been seen since. Your sister was raped last night and your brother was beaten up in the street on his way back from school!"
    "But Dad," complains the youth, "you can't blame me for that!"
    "Well," said his father, "you made us come to Coventry
    Richard
    Richard
    Forum Wasp

Male
    Number of posts : 68
    Registration date : 2008-01-09

Football !! Empty Re: Football !!

Post  Richard Tue 05 Feb 2008, 2:02 am

lol!

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 6:32 pm