Well Farm Heights

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Well Farm Heights

The Unofficial Residents Well Farm Heights Forum

3 posters

SKY!!

Ollie Steele

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2010-01-20

SKY!! Empty SKY!!

Post  Ollie Steele Wed 20 Jan 2010, 3:19 pm

Hi Guys, I am very close to buying an apartment in Greenstead Court, just wanted to know the situation with Sky. Is there a shared dish or does everyone pay for their own installations? Does Sky+ seem to work ok for everyone?? When speaking to the estate agent he seems to think there is a shared dish?

Would be great to hear from someone. Thanks guys. Ollie
    Pat
    Forum Wasp

Female
    Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2008-01-09

SKY!! Empty Re: SKY!!

Post  Pat Wed 20 Jan 2010, 3:56 pm

Ollie Steele wrote:Hi Guys, I am very close to buying an apartment in Greenstead Court, just wanted to know the situation with Sky. Is there a shared dish or does everyone pay for their own installations? Does Sky+ seem to work ok for everyone?? When speaking to the estate agent he seems to think there is a shared dish?

Would be great to hear from someone. Thanks guys. Ollie

Hi Ollie

I dont live in Greensted but the aerisal arrangements are the same in the blocks. There is a communal aerial on the roof of each block. I have got Sky+ and it works fine. The only hiccup you may have is with the 2nd feed if it located in the bedroom - you may need to have a connection drilled through into the lounge but everything is possible....

Good luck with your purchase!

Pat
    Ollie Steele

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2010-01-20

SKY!! Empty Sky

Post  Ollie Steele Thu 21 Jan 2010, 12:14 am

Hi Pat. Thanks for that. So I just ring sky with address....do I still pay an install cost? How much did it cost you to get ur sky plus up and running? Haven't even bough the place yet!! Just want to get every cost clear in my head! Thanks for ur help . Oliver
    Clairebear
    I need to get out..

Female
    Number of posts : 189
    Job/hobbies : HR - Ann Summers
    Registration date : 2008-01-16

Post  Clairebear Thu 21 Jan 2010, 4:47 am

Hi Ollie

Basically it is all set up to go - all you need to do is plug the sky box into the feed and it will work.

I've got a feeling that you can arrange with sky to just send you the box and card and you can do it yourself.

When are you due to move in??

Claire

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 6:27 pm