Well Farm Heights

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Well Farm Heights

The Unofficial Residents Well Farm Heights Forum

+5
Kay
Alex
Charlie
Richard
charlotte&darren
9 posters

New floor for the bathroom and kitchen

charlotte&darren

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2008-01-09

New floor for the bathroom and kitchen Empty New floor for the bathroom and kitchen

Post  charlotte&darren Wed 16 Jan 2008, 7:57 am

I really hate the floor in the kitchen and bathroom any suggestions to what might be a good replacement?? App laminate would be no good for the bathroom as there is no window and the floor would not take well to it.
    Richard
    Richard
    Forum Wasp

Male
    Number of posts : 68

New floor for the bathroom and kitchen Empty Re: New floor for the bathroom and kitchen

Post  Richard Wed 16 Jan 2008, 8:58 am

We have been thinking the same thing, my finacee hates the floor in the kitchen and bathroom. I don't think it is to bad as it is a light grey colour, some we looked at were black and all sorts of odd colours.

Just need to make our mind up what to go for scratch
    charlotte&darren

New floor for the bathroom and kitchen Empty Re: New floor for the bathroom and kitchen

Post  charlotte&darren Wed 16 Jan 2008, 9:05 am

lol! you sound the same as my boyfriend!!! The floors really are horrible
    Charlie
    Charlie
    Forum Wasp

Female
    Number of posts : 64
    Job/hobbies : Ministry of Justice/Wife!!!

Post  Charlie Thu 17 Jan 2008, 2:20 am

charlotte&darren wrote:lol! you sound the same as my boyfriend!!! The floors really are horrible

Thank you! (I'm Richard's girlfriend) Glad you agree with me - maybe now he'll agree to change them.....!
    Alex
    Alex
    Neighbourhood Watch

Female
    Number of posts : 100
    Job/hobbies : Undertaker and mainly parking on my drive without a bollard in place
    Registration date : 2008-01-10

Post  Alex Thu 17 Jan 2008, 3:14 am

Hiya only me again!!!
    When I moved into my flat it had a horrible green floor in the bathroom and kitchen which stained white and yucky!! I asked for it to be changed and i've had it changed to a nice beige colour.
    Hope that helps
    Kay

Female
    Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2008-01-17

Post  Kay Thu 17 Jan 2008, 4:40 am

Hi,

I put the bathroom and kitchen floors on my defect list...

I knew that they had changed them in other flats so am hoping we will get new ones.

They couldnt of found cheaper floors if they tried, lol!
    charlotte&darren

Post  charlotte&darren Thu 17 Jan 2008, 8:30 am

wish I had known that before hand and could have asked them!! It really is cheap "it looks like a prizon floor" as my grandparents said lol!
    Charlie
    Charlie
    Forum Wasp

Female
    Number of posts : 64
    Job/hobbies : Ministry of Justice/Wife!!!

Post  Charlie Thu 17 Jan 2008, 12:40 pm

It's the same as the floor in my kitchen at work so it's 'cheapo Government Department floor' too.
    MARIA
    Forum Member

Female
    Number of posts : 36
    Job/hobbies : MET POLICE

Post  MARIA Fri 15 Feb 2008, 11:58 am

Im in the process of having my changed.

A family friend is going to do it for me and would do it for a reasonable price if anyone else would lie it done.

If anyone would like me to drop round some samples let me know xxx
    tk+max
    tk+max

Number of posts : 16
    Job/hobbies : NHS

Post  tk+max Fri 15 Feb 2008, 1:12 pm

Did anyone get compensation from Dominion to get the flooring replaced themselves?
    Joe
    Joe
    Forum God

Male
    Number of posts : 773
    Job/hobbies : MET
    Registration date : 2007-12-12

Post  Joe Tue 26 Feb 2008, 2:16 pm

MARIA wrote:Im in the process of having my changed.

A family friend is going to do it for me and would do it for a reasonable price if anyone else would lie it done.

If anyone would like me to drop round some samples let me know xxx

Maria I am interested in this as my floor reminds me of a prison!! Can you PM me how much ££, as I may want my kitchen floor done aswell as it's the same bloody colour.
    MARIA
    Forum Member

Female

Post  MARIA Thu 28 Feb 2008, 8:04 am

Hi Joe

As soon as it is all done i will post pictures and prices up xxx
    MARIA
    Forum Member

Female

Post  MARIA Sat 08 Mar 2008, 9:31 am

Hi Guys

I have had a quote from my mate and its gonna cost around £250.00 for the the bathroom and kitchen all in

Let me know if you ar einterested and i will pop some samples round for you to have a look at xxx
    Joe
    Joe
    Forum God

Male
    Number of posts : 773
    Job/hobbies : MET
    Registration date : 2007-12-12

Post  Joe Mon 10 Mar 2008, 1:28 pm

I'm interested Maria, if you can pass me some samples to look at would be handy. Flat No. 6. Can leave them on the door step or stick them in my letter box. Thank you! pirat
    MARIA
    Forum Member

Female

Post  MARIA Fri 04 Apr 2008, 7:35 pm

Hi Guys

I have had the flooring done in my Kitchen and Bathroom and it looks fab

Unfortunately i cannot put the photos up but u are more than welcome to pop in and have a look and i willl give you the number of my friend who done it, he will then drop some sample sheets to you as they are quite big
    It only took a couple of hours, he is very reasonably priced and the flooring is very good quality

If you would like to pop in and have a look give me a call on 07713 151 062 (after 3pm this weekend as i am on nights)

Maria
    12 Cuthbert Court lol!
    Chris17
    Forum Member

Male
    Number of posts : 27
    Job/hobbies : Met (ZD)
    Registration date : 2008-01-11

Post  Chris17 Mon 12 May 2008, 6:13 am

I finally got rid of the NASTY green vinyl in my bathroom and tiled the floor.

I got black/grey slate effect tiles from Tops Tiles and did it myself on saturday. (sorry if i was a bit loud!)

All the tiles, adhesive and grout came to about £120 in total and it only took a few hours.

As the floor underneath is concrete you can tile straight onto it and i am very chuffed with the result. I also cant put pics up but anyone is more than welcome to have a look.

Chris

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 5:15 am